Certificate in Dental Implantology
28 February – 19 September 2020
Download Event to Calendar
Presented by: DENTAL ROUTES
Date: 28 February – 19 September 2020
Location: IPSWICH, SUFFLOK
Aims & Objectives
Certificate in Dental Implantology offers general dental practitioners the opportunity to learn new skills, knowledge and benefit from mentor led training in the field of dental implantology. Whatever the clinicians starting point, this structured course is tailored with the motivated dentist in mind. The course provides foundation level training in implants and completion of the course should provide the learner with the knowledge and skills required to surgically place and restore implants. The course is designed to provide a quality- assured practical-based learning with hands- on experience and a mentoring programme keeping at its core the needs of the postgraduate candidate.
Delivered by a curated team of highly-skilled, multi- disciplined dental professionals, this course content builds on the tenets of informing and empowering students in support of lifelong learning. The curriculum is based on international best practice for practicing dental professionals to ensure the curriculum content is up to date and relevant to the needs of the learner in the field of dental implantology. The course has an international roster of highly accomplished speakers with special emphasis on evidence-based learning. The course learning builds on past findings, present methodologies and the latest in cutting-edge techniques and technological advancements.
- Introduction to dental implants
- GDC standards expected for dental implantology training
- Implant pre treatment assessments and important tips on successful planning
- Introduction of dental implants to a clinic - why and how!
- Cross infection control and aseptic or clean techniques at surgery
- Photography for dental implants
- Applied anatomy of the maxilla and mandible
- Head and neck spaces and their significance of implant dentistry
- Case based discussions through the implant journey- single units and multiple
- CBCT its interpretation and importance for planning in Implant dentistry
- Bone biology and its healing- GBR, bone graft materials
- Flap designs and suturing techniques
- Restoration of dental implants and occlusal considerations
- Full Digital workflow and the future of dental implant placement and restoration
- Introduction to lasers in General and implant dentistry
- Importance of the patient journey and ethical marketing skills
- The future for further training for candidates
dental routes has organised a very concise but well covered course for dentists who are considering starting on their dental implant careers, it also has a lot to take away for dentists who have already been placing dental implants and want to explore the future training options and the advances made.
← Other events