Chelmsford Study Club
14 March 2019
Download Event to Calendar
The Art and Science of Clinical Photography
Presented by: Noel Perkins
Host: Irene Amrore
Date: 14 March 2019
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Essex Cricket, New Writtle Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0PG
The use of digital photography in dentistry has increased exponentially over the last 10 years, especially with the growth of social media. In order to make you and your practice stand out from the crowd, you (and your dental team) need to be able to take high quality photographs of your work, and these can then be used to help you market your practice, as well as reflect on the results that you achieve.
In this interactive lecture I seek to demystify the 'Dark Art' of digital dental photography, and deliver practical tips that will help dental professionals to embark on a continuous process of self improvement in this field.
Aims & Objectives of Presentation:
At the end of the course participants should...
- Know the many uses of photography within the dental practice, in particular the importance of medicolegal documentation
- Understand the importance of consent in dental photography
- Understand what camera equipment and accessories are required and why
- Choose the correct camera settings for predictable results
- Understand how to position themselves, their assistant, and the patient to be able to take the main intraoral and extraoral photographic views
- Be aware of new protocols for shade matching to aid communication with the dental laboratory
- Recognise the most important sources of further information, including: hands-on photography courses, DVDs/Online courses, Facebook Groups and textbooks/ebooks
BDS MFDS MJDF DipImpDent RCS(Eng) Adv Cert
Noel qualified from the University of Sheffield in 2001. This was followed by 4 years in Senior House Officer training posts (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery; Restorative Dentistry) in five hospitals in the North of England. He has been in general practice since 2005, and at Crossbank Dental Care in Kendal since 2010.
His special interests are: dental implants, oral surgery, restorative dentistry and intravenous sedation. He is committed to postgraduate education, and obtained the MFDS postgraduate diploma (2004) from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and the MJDF postgraduate diploma (2012) from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He completed the core curriculum (occlusion and restorative dentistry) with Dr Ian Buckle at the Dawson Academy (UK) in 2014.
After 5 years of study and mentored training, Noel was awarded the FGDP Diploma in Implant Dentistry (DipImpDent RCS(Eng)) in 2012, and the Advanced Implant Diploma (DipImpDent RCS(Eng) Adv Cert) in 2014. He has been placing and restoring dental implants since 2009.
Noel has always had a passion for dental photography, and believes that it is a key part of reflective practice and improving patient outcomes. He is also exploring artistic dental photography.
← Other events