Advanced Bone Grafting with Hands on Cadaveric Dissection with Pynadath George
22 October 8:30AM – 23 October 5:30PM 2021
Download Event to Calendar
Date: 22 October 8:30AM – 23 October 5:30PM 2021
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to broaden their experience of working with bone grafts and how to achieve predictable success. Delegates will familiarise themselves with techniques for bone grafting and the required materials and instrumentation associated with these procedures.
Aims & Objectives
This course has been designed to assist delegates with increasing their understanding and success rates of advanced bone grafts.
At the end of the course delegates should understand:
• The procedure and the principles of successful bone grafting in both large particulate grafting and block grafts
• The importance of careful patient selection, treatment planning and issues of consent
• How to harvest bone from the mandible (external oblique ridge and symphysis), the zygoma and also from the palate
• How to design flaps for horizontal and vertical grafts which will predictably provide you with passive closure
• How to avoid important and vital structures
• The methods to easily fix your grafts into place easily ensuring stability
• How to expose the mental nerve safely and predictably
• What specific post op instructions and long term management is required to safe guard your bone grafts
This will all be demonstrated and you will be able to practice directly on pigs head on day 1 and human cadavers on day 2.
← Other events