Webinar: Occlusion in Implant Dentistry Demystified
2 February 2021
Download Event to Calendar
Presented by: Avik Dandapat
Host: Guy Laffan
Date: 2 February 2021
- To introduce concepts of occlusion in implant dentistry
- To explain the differences between natural teeth and implants in relation to occlusion
- To understand basic occlusal terminology
- To understand the tri-modal concept of occlusion and its determents
- To understand the manipulation of the occlusal scheme and neuro- muscular interfaces.
- To allow delegates to identify Hv Vh slides and identify issues causing TMJDS
- To explain how late stage failure of implants can occur due to lack of occlusal stability
- Identify the key points in assessing a patient’s occlusion and guidance as well as interferences
- To identify how skeletal relationship can affect implant placement and planning especially in guided planning of cases
BDS(Birm), MFGDP(UK) RCS Eng, Dip.Imp.Dent RCS(Eng), MSc(Implant Dentistry), Leeds UK
Avik qualified from Birmingham University where he gained his BDS qualification. He went on to work in a private practice in Royal Leamington Spa and attained the MFGDP (UK) qualification by exam 2 years after qualifying (at the earliest possible time allowed).
After a period of general practice training, he was involved in surgical dentistry in hospitals based in various Maxillo-Facial departments around the UK.
Avik also did some sabbatical work in India, working closely with Maxillo-Facial surgeons involved in head and neck surgery and leading the dentofacial reconstructive work after such extensive surgery.
He then embarked on further post graduate training (over a 3 year period) at the Royal College of Surgeons of England relating to Dental Implants. He passed the Diploma in Implantology by exam and an extra achievement was the fact that he was the youngest Dentist in the UK to hold this qualification. He also gained an Advanced Certificate in Implant Dentistry.
Avik was an award finalist for the “Best Young Dentist” in the Dentistry Awards 2007.
Avik is the principal dentist at Twyford Dental & Implant Centre where he has revolutionised the practice over the last 3 years to become a state-of-the-art Implant dedicated practice.
Avik is a mentor and also lectures for Association of Dental Implantology (UK) across the country. He also runs hands-on courses teaching other dentists how to restore implants at his practice. He is an official mentor for Ankylos Implants.
Avik has two daughters, Amber and Ruby, who take most of his spare time being a daddy for his two energetic young girls. His interests outside dentistry are attending the gym, anything to do with an engine and technology and travelling to explore new places.
Avik also is involved with various charities helping children in deprived countries and enjoys helping those who need it most.
← Other events