CBCT Essentials Masterclass
22 April 9:00AM – 1 October 12:00AM 2021
Download Event to Calendar
Date: 22 April 9:00AM – 1 October 12:00AM 2021
Price: £3,150 Incl. VAT
The Aim of this course is to provide an extensive, high quality, competency based course on CBCT principles and reporting for dental surgeons.
What makes our course unique?
A Competency Based Framework:
People have to be tested on their ability to report scans accurately based on the information they’re given during the training. Our course is delivered across 2 parts meaning we can provide all delegates with 20 scans to report on over the summer break which are then marked with detailed feedback in time for your return for part 2 of the course.
A course faculty which includes Michael Bornstein who is one of the world leading experts on CBCT. Michael was instrumental in the production of the CBCT guidelines for the AO, EAO and was involved as a group leader in a recent ITI Consensus Meeting where he reported on the CBCT guidance. Michael is an experienced pioneer in the use of CBCT in implant dentistry and his experience is second to none.
Aims & Objectives
Following the course delegates who attend will understand and have achieved competency in:
1. The nature of CBCT. How CBCT images are obtained, the various units available and the physics surrounding the production of CBCT
2. Radiation protection including dose, ALARA, quality of image produced and best use of technology for patient benefit
3. Applications for CBCT and use both in dental practice and in dental medicine
4. Normal anatomy identified on CBCT scans and how to report this
5. The basis of CBCT reporting including which information to include, which information not to include and reporting in different formats including multiplaner radiography, oblique and curved
6. The philosophy of CBCT and dose reduction and the benefits of CBCT to patients
7. Practical training in the reporting of CBCT and a competency based programme of 20 cases to be reported and marked to demonstrate competency of CBCT reporting being obtained
8. Future applications of CBCT including guided surgery
The course will follow and exceed the most up-to-date CPD requirements for CBCT in the UK and Europe. Please note that this is a split course. Delegates will be required to attend The Campbell Academy for all three days in order to complete the course.
← Other events