- Events and Courses
- Webinar: Dental Implants - They’re All The Same, Aren’t They? The Role of the The Implant Surface in Clinical Practice
Webinar: Dental Implants - They’re All The Same, Aren’t They? The Role of the The Implant Surface in Clinical Practice
9 September 2020
Download Event to Calendar
Presented by: Colin Burns
Host: Amit Mistry
Date: 9 September 2020
- To describe and review the osseointegration process highlighting the most recent research available
- To reveal the variety of implant surfaces available in the industry today
- To examine the research on these surfaces and consider in detail the quality of the evidence
- To be able to decide which surface is appropriate for your clinical practice
- To be able to decide the appropriate loading protocol for your chosen surface
- To have an awareness of future research in this field, such as bioactive or biomimetic surfaces
Colin is a registered ITI Mentor, ITI Speaker and is a Fellow of the International Team for Implantology. He is the Chairman of the UK and Ireland section.
He is a member of several teaching faculties including the Campbell Academy, BAIRD and the ITI.
Colin has placed and restored dental implants for many years now, and provides bone grafting, sinus grafting, and all aspects of implant dentistry. He has been based at G1 Dental since the clinic opened.
His particular area of interest is implant surface technology, bone biology and bone regeneration. He achieved a MSc in Implant Dentistry from the University of Warwick.
Colin qualified from Glasgow University in 1990 and received his MFDS MRCS from The Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2005.
← Other events