The Year Implant Course
12 March 12:00AM – 20 November 12:00AM 2021
Download Event to Calendar
Date: 12 March 12:00AM – 20 November 12:00AM 2021
The Year Implant Course is aimed to provide a comprehensive foundation in implant dentistry covering both theoretical and practical elements of the discipline giving delegates the confidence they need to begin placing implants at their own practice.
Aims & Objectives
• Have a good foundation knowledge of the scientific basis of implant dentistry.
• Be able to assess patients comprehensively with a view to providing dental implants as a treatment option. This will include appropriate special tests, the ability to report CBCT scans, and be able to apply this to multi-disciplinary patient cases.
• Be able to provide straightforward implant surgical treatment to patients under supervision, including all planning aspects and post-operative care (in accordance with the SAC classification).
• Be able to provide restorative treatments to straightforward implant cases, including single units and straightforward bridge work. This will include impression taking, abutment selection and restoration selection.
• Have an appreciation on how dental implants can be used within their own practices to provide more comprehensive care to their patients and market this accordingly.
• The scientific basis of Implant Dentistry
-Basic anatomy and physiology in relation to dental implants.
• Management of the Dental Implant patient
• Radiographic assessment of the Implant patient
• Basic Surgical Skills, Implant Complications and Medicolegal aspects of implant treatment
• Treatment planning of the Implant patient
• Implant Surgery with the Straumann Implant System
• Introduction to guided bone regeneration
• Aesthetic Implant placement
• Hands on and Restorative Surgery
• Introduction to advanced and complex Implantology
• Implant maintenance
• Exceptional clinical faculty from academic and practice backgrounds to provide the broadest possible range of educational opportunities.
• A course which is heaped full of hands on and practical elements to get you better at basic surgical skills and into implant placement as soon as possible. This includes 3 clinical days for delegates to work on patients.
• Digital mentoring for the entirety of the course supporting you through your first implant cases.
• State-of-the-art training facilities for the course based in Nottingham at the new Campbell Academy.
• Twelve days of teaching over 10 months, including lecture-based teaching, discussion groups, hands-on practical sessions, further reading opportunities, evidence-based discussion, full clinical exposure to patients in a supervised environment and mentoring opportunities in a structured nationwide mentoring programme in line with GDC guidance.
• Entry into clinical mentoring using the Straumann Clinical Mentoring data platform developed by The Campbell Academy.
• Online collaboration and discussion between delegates and faculty in between course modules to learn as much as possible.
← Other events