Winchester Study Club - 12 September 2019
Cohesive Case Planning With The Extended Dental Team. From Phone Call to Tooth Delivery… The “Ideal” Patient Journey
Host: Peter Sanders
Date: 12 September 2019
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: The Winchester Hotel & Spa, Worthy Lane, Winchester, SO23 7AB
Our regulator in the UK has said that the entire dental team should be involved in patient care in today’s general practice. In this discussion we will look at the elements of the dental team and what their roles could be in a modern patient-centric practice. We look at common problems in general practice in relation to implant dentistry and novel ways of solving these problems.
Discussion will focus on how and where to get the best training for communication skills between the team and with patients using real-life examples from a successful private practice. This will be an interactive discussion and will be ideal for the whole team to attend.
Aims of the Meeting:
- Who are the extended dental team
- Who defines what is “ideal” in terms of professional dental services
- Discuss the barriers to providing the ideal
- Individual roles of the extended team
- How to train the extended dental team
- Discuss good and bad communication skills with the patient and the team
- Gain an appreciation of customer service skills in dental practice
- Understand that every member of the extended dental team has an impact on the experience of anyone to who we encounter
- Business transaction or professional service – the boundaries
- Understand the concept of the relay-race as it applies to the extended dental team – a real-life approach
- Learn how to use successful, tried and tested methods to improve communications
- Learn how the extended dental team can drive more case acceptance – incentive-driven practice
Dr Murgai qualified in 2001 from The University of Birmingham. He then completed his vocational training in Chertsey, Surrey, became an associate dentist in West London and then purchased the Whippendell Dental Clinic in January 2004.
With a vision for quality and excellence he totally redeveloped the clinic, introducing a welcoming and open approach alongside cutting edge techniques and state of the art technology to entirely change the character, scope and feel of the practice. In 2007 he was invited to become one of the lead practitioners in a large dental clinic in London’s Harley Street to provide CEREC, implant and cosmetic restorative dentistry.
Whilst maintaining his interest and skills in general dentistry Gulshan has developed an international practice in Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dental Surgery as well as Facial rejuvenation procedures.
He has trained and been trained by leading practitioners throughout Europe ensuring that we provide the very latest in dental and facial treatment techniques and technology.
Whilst regularly attending courses for continual professional development, he has also trained other dentists in the use of CEREC 3D, Dental Implant surgery and smile makeovers.
The Practice was incorporated, expanded and launched as Skin & Smiles in December 2012 to highlight the work that we do in facial aesthetics alongside dentistry.
In 2015 Dr Murgai created a brand new dental laboratory from a squat. This was in order to create new protocols and have better quality control over the lab work that he was providing to patients. The lab provides a full digital workflow as well as analogue services to dentists throughout the UK.
Location and Further Actions
Dr Peter Sanders