Belfast Study Club - 08 May 2019
Ridge Atrophy - What Are Our Options Today? From Short Implants to Angled Implants and All-on-X: A Pragmatic Approach From a General Dental Practice
Host: Derek Bingham
Exhibitors: Megagen Implants (UK), Osstem UK
Date: 08 May 2019
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Crowne Plaza, Shaws Bridge, Belfast, BT8 7XP
Aims of the Meeting:
- To define ridge atrophy as we know it now compared to the past
- To know what makes an implant short as opposed to conventional
- To discuss the All-on-‘X’ theory and where did it originate
- To discuss alternatives to short or angled implants
- To discuss the role of the GDP in these cases
- Understand how alveolar atrophy limits the availability of bone for optimal dental implant placement
- When to consider the use of short implants and/ or angled implants
- Learn the use of angled implants and abutments when the use of a conventional placement is suboptimal
- How to achieve a positive outcome with a variety of treatment protocols – real life cases
- Hard/Soft Tissue management in complex cases
- Long term maintenance of cases which exhibit ridge atrophy
Dr Murgai qualified in 2001 from The University of Birmingham. He then completed his vocational training in Chertsey, Surrey, became an associate dentist in West London and then purchased the Whippendell Dental Clinic in January 2004.
With a vision for quality and excellence he totally redeveloped the clinic, introducing a welcoming and open approach alongside cutting edge techniques and state of the art technology to entirely change the character, scope and feel of the practice. In 2007 he was invited to become one of the lead practitioners in a large dental clinic in London’s Harley Street to provide CEREC, implant and cosmetic restorative dentistry.
Whilst maintaining his interest and skills in general dentistry Gulshan has developed an international practice in Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dental Surgery as well as Facial rejuvenation procedures.
He has trained and been trained by leading practitioners throughout Europe ensuring that we provide the very latest in dental and facial treatment techniques and technology.
Whilst regularly attending courses for continual professional development, he has also trained other dentists in the use of CEREC 3D, Dental Implant surgery and smile makeovers.
The Practice was incorporated, expanded and launched as Skin & Smiles in December 2012 to highlight the work that we do in facial aesthetics alongside dentistry.
In 2015 Dr Murgai created a brand new dental laboratory from a squat. This was in order to create new protocols and have better quality control over the lab work that he was providing to patients. The lab provides a full digital workflow as well as analogue services to dentists throughout the UK.