East Grinstead Study Club - 18 October 2018
The Art and Science of Clinical Photography
Exhibitors: Anthogyr Ltd, Megagen Implants (UK) Ltd, bredent UK Ltd, Cendres + Metaux UK Ltd
Date: 18 October 2018
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, Copthorne Way, Copthorne, Crawley, RH10 3PG
At the end of the course participants should...
- Know the many uses of photography within the dental practice, in particular the importance of medicolegal documentation.
- Understand the importance of consent in dental photography.
- Understand what camera equipment and accessories are required and why.
- Be able to choose the correct camera settings for predictable results.
- Understand how to position themselves, their assistant, and the patient to be able to take the main intraoral and extraoral photographic views.
- Be aware of new protocols for shade matching to aid communication with the dental laboratory.
- Recognise the most important sources of further information, including: hands-on photography courses, DVDs/Online courses, Facebook Groups and textbooks/ebooks.
Noel Perkins BDS MFDS MJDF DipImpDent RCS(Eng) Adv Cert
Noel qualified from the University of Sheffield in 2001. This was followed by 4 years in Senior House Officer training posts (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery; Restorative Dentistry) in 5 hospitals in the North of England. He has been in general practice since 2005, and at Crossbank Dental Care in Kendal since 2010.
His special interests are: dental implants, oral surgery, restorative dentistry and intravenous sedation. He is committed to postgraduate education, and obtained the MFDS postgraduate diploma (2004) from the Royal College of
Surgeons of Edinburgh, and the MJDF postgraduate diploma (2012) from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He completed the core curriculum (occlusion and restorative dentistry) with Dr. Ian Buckle at the Dawson Academy (UK) in 2014.
After 5 years of study and mentored training, Noel was awarded the FGDP Diploma in Implant Dentistry (DipImpDent RCS(Eng)) in 2012, and the Advanced Implant Diploma (DipImpDent RCS(Eng) Adv Cert) in 2014. He has been placing and restoring dental implants since 2009.
Noel has always had a passion for dental photography, and believes that it is a key part of reflective practice and improving patient outcomes. He is also exploring artistic dental photography.
Location and Further Actions
Mr Bill Schaeffer