Chelmsford Study Club - 12 November 2018
Digital Workflow: Implants & Teeth Made Easy
Exhibitors: Cendres + Metaux UK, The Dental Imaging Company, Megagen Implants (UK), CT Dent
Date: 12 November 2018
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Essex Cricket, New Writtle Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0PG
Aims & Objectives:
- Understand how digital technology allows the dentist to receive a custom CAD/CAM abutment and final crown without having to take an impression or make a temporary.
- Learn how to use intra-oral scanners to deliver accurate, high quality data and transmit to the lab.
- Understand how the use of the intra-oral scanners in conjunction with a scan body can streamline and simplify the implant restorative workflow.
- Increase communication with dental labs and know how digital workflow benefits the dentist and laboratory.
- Understand how the dental lab can make the dentist’s job easier, quicker more predictable and time efficient.
- Observe and recognise the pivotal role of the lab technician in converting your intra-oral scan into the finished product.
- Be able to increase profitability by harnessing the power of digital workflow.
This seminar is intended provide a comprehensive overview of intraoral scanning with an emphasis on its use with implant dentistry. Clinical and laboratory protocols will be reviewed that focus on a prosthetically driven processes that creates precise and predicable treatment outcomes.
Dr Murgai qualified in 2001 from The University of Birmingham. He then completed his vocational training in Chertsey, Surrey, became an associate dentist in West London and then purchased the Whippendell Dental Clinic in January 2004.
With a vision for quality and excellence he totally redeveloped the clinic, introducing a welcoming and open approach alongside cutting edge techniques and state of the art technology to entirely change the character, scope and feel of the practice. In 2007 he was invited to become one of the lead practitioners in a large dental clinic in London’s Harley Street to provide CEREC, implant and cosmetic restorative dentistry.
Whilst maintaining his interest and skills in general dentistry Gulshan has developed an international practice in Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dental Surgery as well as Facial rejuvenation procedures.
He has trained and been trained by leading practitioners throughout Europe ensuring that we provide the very latest in dental and facial treatment techniques and technology.
Whilst regularly attending courses for continual professional development, he has also trained other dentists in the use of CEREC 3D, Dental Implant surgery and smile makeovers.
The Practice was incorporated, expanded and launched as Skin & Smiles in December 2012 to highlight the work that we do in facial aesthetics alongside dentistry.
In 2015 Dr Murgai created a brand new dental laboratory from a squat. This was in order to create new protocols and have better quality control over the lab work that he was providing to patients. The lab provides a full digital workflow as well as analogue services to dentists throughout the UK.
Location and Further Actions
Dr Irene Amrore