Newport Study Club - 19 September 2019
Facially Generated Treatment Planning & Co-Discovery, a Team Approach to Comprehensive Assessment and Multi-Disciplinary Case Acceptance
Host: Guy Laffan
Date: 19 September 2019
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: The Celtic Manor Resort, Coldra Woods, The Usk Valley, Newport, South Wales, NP18 1HQ
To allow dentists and their teams to understand how multi-disciplinary assessment, planning and communication may facilitate implant/restorative dentistry and to be able to identify scenarios when pre implant/restorative orthodontics will allow either an enhanced result or to open possibilities of other treatments that may have not been possible prior to orthodontics.
- To explain how a multi-disciplinary treatment plan is formulated by starting with the end in mind – Facially Generated Treatment Planning
- To discuss the important role of the team and treatment co-ordinators in providing a quality, caring and seamless experience for patients
- To demonstrate the power of a comprehensive assessment and co-discovery approach to patient communication in case acceptance
- To familiarise attendees with techniques that can be used in the orthodontic/implant/restorative treatment of adults
- To show how pre-restorative (implant) orthodontic treatment can increase the predictability of treatment outcomes
Andy Denny qualified from Sheffield University in 1992. After spending 7 years in the Royal Navy as a Dental Officer developing his clinical skills and he attained his additional membership qualifications from the Royal College of Surgeons in London.
Andy and his wife Becky set up Twenty 2 Dental in 2003, offering private cosmetic & implant dentistry in Weston-super-Mare. He has interests in orthodontics and multi-disciplinary care often combining orthodontics and cosmetic treatments having studied extensively in the USA, Europe and the UK. The practice receives referrals for aesthetic and implant dentistry from other practices throughout the South West.
Andy lectures and teaches dentists and their teams, nationally and internationally on orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry and implantology. As an Associate Lecturer and Clinical Instructor with ‘WIRED Orthodontics’ post-graduate educational group, he teaches dentists about ‘Lingual Braces’ on their Secret Smiles Course and how to integrate orthodontics into their cosmetic and restorative treatments to improve outcomes. He leads a Multi-Disciplinary Dentistry Study Club & Mastermind Group in the South West of England.
Alongside lecturing and teaching, Andy has authored numerous articles published in dental journals covering a wide range of topics such as orthodontics, cosmetic and implant dentistry.
He is a full member of The British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry, the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, British Periodontal Society, the International Team for Implantology and the Association of Dental Implantology.