Belfast Study Club - 18 May 2017
The Implant Occlusal Connection
Date: 18 May 2017
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Crowne Plaza, Shaws Bridge, Belfast, BT8 7XP
There is not a single discipline in dentistry that will test all dimensions of the dental team more than this aspect of dental care. The goal of this presentation is to show each participant how they can predictably integrate the surgical and restorative phases of implant care into their practice. Utilizing the Dawson Academy’s timeless principles of treatment planning and occlusion combined with the latest information on implant dentistry, this presentation will provide a predictable, efficient and profitable path to the integration of all aspects of implant services into their practice.
Attendees Will Learn:
- How implants are different from teeth, and why the position, angulation and occlusal forces on the implant must be controlled.
- A step-by-step programmed approach to optimum treatment planning and sequencing even the most difficult implant cases.
- What essential data you will need to gather to comprehensively diagnose and plan implant dentistry.
- How to visualize the position of the teeth, prior to implant placement, and why this may be the most important step in the process.
- A step-by-step protocol for implant placement.
- How to design an occlusion for a single tooth, a fixed bridge, an implant supported denture, and an implant supported full mouth reconstruction.
Liverpool born Ian qualified from Liverpool University in 1985. He has over 30 years experience in general practice both in the Private sector and with the National Health Service. He runs an Interdisciplinary Practice in the picturesque village of Thornton Hough on the Wirral, Buckle Advanced Dental Care www.buckleadc.com concentrating on comprehensive reconstructive, aesthetic and implant dentistry.
Ian is Director of The Dawson Academy UK www.bdseminars.com and teaches dentists around the world the foundations of ‘Complete Dentistry’ as taught by The Dawson Academy founder, Pete Dawson. He is involved directly with the hands on courses of the Core Curriculum, seminars, & study clubs and provides continuing education to dental professionals across Europe. He also lectures nationally and internationally on functional and aesthetic dentistry. He spends approximately two-thirds of his time in practice and the other third as an educator. He believes this balance keeps him on the leading edge of both disciplines.
He is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD), British Dental Association (BDA) and Association of Dental Implantology (ADI)
Location and Further Actions
Dr Derek Bingham