Warwick Study Club - 24 February 2016
Staged Treatments - Indications and Benefits
Exhibitor: Cavendish Imaging Ltd, CT Dent Ltd, PID Academy
Date: 24 February 2016
Time: 1900 Refreshments 1930 Lecture
Location: Hilton Warwick, Junction 15, M40, A429 Stratford Road, Warwickshire, CV34 6RE
The aim of this presentation is to address the indications and benefits of treatment carried out in stages. This will be addressed within the context of selection criteria, which exclude immediate replacement with implants.
This presentation will address the merits of staging treatment to increase the predictability of both the aesthetic and functional outcomes.
It will address the use of provisional restorations to evaluate:
- The healing of hard and soft issues.
- Establishing the need for augmentation.
- Monitoring the maturation of bone grafts.
- Verification of any proposed changes in the intermaxillary relationship
The concept of impressions at 1st stage surgery will also be covered, It will address the fabrication of component parts and transitional restorations to be fitted at second stage surgery to develop the ideal emergence profile.
- Knowledge of the indications and benefits of treatment carried out in stages within the context of selection criteria, which exclude immediate replacement with implants.
- Understanding of the merits of staging treatment to increase the predictability of both the aesthetic and functional outcomes.
- Knowledge of the use of provisional restorations.
- Knowledge of the use of bone grafts to create adequate hard and soft issues when indicated.
- Understanding of the concept of impressions at first stage surgery and knowledge of the fabrication of component parts and transitional restorations to be fitted at second stage surgery to develop the ideal emergence profile.
Dr. Sethi has pioneered, in the UK and internationally, the art and science of surgical and restorative implant dentistry for 34 years. His practice is totally dedicated to implants achieving outstanding success rates in terms of predictability as well as aesthetic and functional outcome.
He conceived and taught the Diploma in Implant Dentistry, of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He is the director of the recently established PID – Academy providing postgraduate education and training in practical implant dentistry.
He is a founding member and past president of the ADI and has been elected as an honorary life member of the Association.
He has written a book 'Practical Implant Dentistry' jointly with Thomas Kaus, which is published by Quintessence International and has been translated into 10 different languages. The 2nd edition 'Practical Implant Dentistry – The Science and Art' is now available.
Location and Further Actions
Dr Stephen Jones