East Grinstead Study Club - 10 March 2016
Restoration of ‘Failing’ Teeth with Implants in the Aesthetic Zone – The Surgical & Prosthetic Keys to Success
Exhibitor: NSK United Kingdom Ltd, DENTSPLY Implants UK & Ireland, Implantium UK Ltd
Date: 10 March 2016
Time: 1900 Registration 1930 Lecture
Location: The Felbridge Hotel and Spa, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 2BH
The aesthetic rehabilitation of failing teeth and the periodontally compromised dentition remains a challenge despite the numerous advances in the treatment of periodontitis, regenerative and dental implant therapies. This presentation will review the contemporary surgical and prosthetic concepts in management of implants in the aesthetic zone with a view to achieving optimum long term aesthetics and stability. With this in mind, novel approaches for aesthetic rehabilitation of periodontally compromised teeth in the aesthetic zone will be also be presented.
The outcomes depend on the clinical management and an understanding and application of the biological factors that influence our treatment outcomes. The optimal management of the interplay between bone, soft tissues and prosthetics determines the aesthetic outcome and the long-term stability of soft tissue aesthetics. An interdisciplinary approach is the key to success.
- Learn the key principles for the diagnosis, treatment planning and management (both surgical & prosthetic) of failing teeth in the aesthetic zone
- Gain an understanding of the biology of the periodontal and peri-implant tissues and the application of this knowledge to clinical decision-making.
- Comprehend the behaviour of the bone & soft tissues around post-extraction sites and around dental implants
- Learn the principles of bone and soft tissue management around implants, as well as how to manage bone and soft tissue defects in post-extraction sites and peri-implant defects
- Learn to manage both delayed and immediate implants
- Be taught the keys to the management of single tooth and multiple tooth cases
- Learn the benefit of interdisciplinary case management
Dr Tidu Mankoo qualified with a BDS from the University of Bristol in 1981 and has a renowned Private & Referral Practice in Windsor, UK, treating Implant, Restorative and Aesthetic cases, particularly complex cases. He has built a reputation for exceptional dentistry and carries out both the surgical and prosthetic aspects of his cases. He is an active member of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the Association of Dental Implantology (UK), the European Association of Osseointegration (EAO), Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD), and a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is a Visiting Professor at the University of Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
He was the President of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (EAED) in 2009-2010, a visiting Professor at the International University of Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain and a founder and Past President of the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (BAAD). He serves on the Editorial Board of a number of dental journals. He is a respected teacher with numerous publications. He is a sought-after international speaker particularly in the field of Dental Implants, Restorative & Aesthetic Dentistry and management of complex cases. He lectures and gives courses regularly all over the world. He is an active member of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the Association of Dental Implantology (UK), the European Association of Osseointegration (EAO), Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD), and a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Location and Further Actions
Mr Bill Schaeffer