MSc/PGDip in Dental Implantology
24 September 2019
30 June 2021
ICE Postgraduate Dental Institute & Hospital and The University of Salford
ICE Postgraduate Dental Institute & Hospital, 24 Furness Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, M50 3XZ
Dr. Gillian Crofts
0161 413 8335
MSc or PGDip in Dental Implantology
This course is aimed to equip clinicians with core clinical skills and competency in both the restorative and surgical aspects of implant dentistry, through a combination of clinical support and academic teaching in accordance with the GDP/FGDP training Standards in Implant Dentistry.
This is a 3-year part-time course, with the opportunity to step off with a Postgraduate Diploma after 2 years.
In the first two years of the course you will study 4 modules (2 per year) which are arranged in academic teaching blocks running from September to January and February to June. For each module there will be 7 days of academic attendance and a minimum of 4 clinical days (overall 14 academic attendance and 9 clinical days in a year).
The final year is spent working on your research and Dissertation. There are many opportunities for this to be in conjunction with the ICE research team.
1) Treat patients that we find for you (minimum of 4 patients) within the ICE purpose-built hospital.
2) Learn under the supervision of highly experienced mentors and clinical team.
3) Gain competency in patient assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
4) Study in the ICE National Reference Centre for Digital Dentistry - ICE provides you with the means and experience of the whole digital work-flow.
5) Evidence-based Dentistry: Lectures delivered from local practitioners to international speakers with an evidence-based approach – this way the course is transferable to your clinic.