Dynamic Navigation for Precise Dental Implant Placement
27 April 2018
Dr David Burgess BDS DPDS MScConSed
Carbis Bay, St Ives, Cornwall
6.5 hours CPD
ADI Member Discount:
See for yourself how computer-guided freehand surgery aids more accurate implant placement. Join us for an introduction to 'Dynamic navigation for dental implant treatment'. This one-day course is presented by certified Navident Master Clinical Trainer Dr David Burgess.
This course is particularly suitable for dentists with an interest in adopting the latest techniques in implant dentistry. The course content is designed for implantologists who wish to experience how dynamic navigation can help to simplify their digital workflow.
Participants are given an overview of the complete process, from patient diagnosis to navigated implant treatment. Delegates have the opportunity to prepare dental implant sites on models and phantom heads using dynamic navigation technology. The course also includes observation of live case planning and surgery using the Navident system.
Attendees are given an understanding of the principles of computer-guided dynamic navigation and how the technology differs from conventional drill guides and freehand surgery.
At the end of this course delegates are able to:
· Fabricate a Navistent
· Set the CBCT according to Navident requirements
· Work with JawTags and DrillTags
· Plan cases using Navident planning software
· Use dynamic guided surgery best practice
· Dynamic navigation
· The digital dentistry workflow
· Dynamic guided surgery versus static guided surgery
· Introduction to ClaroNav and Navident
· The Navident workflow
· Product presentation: the system and surgical kits
· Clinical protocol and case discussions
Principles of stent preparation
· Hands-on using demo models
· Navistent manufacture
· CBCT scan acquisition
· Treatment planning using Navident software
Live surgery observation
· Implant placement using dynamic navigation
· Implant site preparation using dynamic navigation on phantom heads
Case studies and discussion