The Year Implant Course
The Year Implant Course
24 January 2019
18 October 2019
The Campbell Academy
0115 9823 919
The Year Implant Course is designed to provide a comprehensive foundation in implant dentistry and to start delegates off in their implant career with both practical and didactic teaching with the ultimate aim of safely and confidently placing in excess of 50 implants per year, year on year.
Made up of 12 days in total The Year Implant Course has been designed to incorporate as much practical experience as possible to get you better at basic surgical skills and into implant placement as soon as possible. This includes 3 hands on clinical days with full exposure to patients in a controlled mentored environment. Moreover, there will be live demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions on models and pig heads.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Straumann Clinical Mentoring Scheme
- Basic Surgical Skills
- The scientific basis of implant dentistry
- General Medicine and medical conditions related to management of the dental implant patient
- Radiographic assessment of the implant patient
- Implant complications and medicolegal aspects of implant treatment
- Introduction to Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR)
- Treatment Planning of the Implant Patient
- Marketing of Dental Implants
- Implant Surgery with the Straumann Implant System
- Implant restoration
- Introduction to advanced and complex implantology
- Implant maintenance
- A high quality introduction to straightforward implant dentistry by people with a passion for education.
- A course which is linked into a programme of more advanced courses afterwards, a mentoring scheme and contact with a group of people who want you to be better at implant dentistry and want you to provide ethical, honest, high quality implant dentistry for their patients.
- Online collaboration and discussion between delegates and faculty in between course modules to ensure delegates learn as much as possible.
- An exceptional clinical faculty from academic and practice backgrounds who have between them placed over 10,000 implants.
- A course which is heaped full of hands-on and practical elements to get you better at basic surgical skills.
- An interactive fluid, movable programme which responds to the needs of individuals.
- State-of-the-art training facilities.
- Clinical mentoring using The Straumann Clinical Mentoring Scheme in association with The Campbell Academy.