Photography has many uses in clinical dentistry. It helps the clinician communicate to the patient and record the patient’s smile, before and after treatment. Photographs of your practice and staff can also be used on a website and promotional literature to convey more about your practice and the staff.
- To learn how to take good smile shots and close up clinical photographs and how the dental nurse can help with this
- To understand camera choice and basic camera settings
- To learn how to use retractors, backgrounds and mirrors
- To understand what makes a good photograph
- To learn how to crop, straighten and control the exposure
- To know about clinical and promotional uses of clinical photography
- To be aware of issues of consent and the levels consent required for clinical photography